Saturday 12 July 2014

STables...and Blogs...Do you LIKE it?!

The past few days I've been hammering out a lot of the "stable" page.

It's not complete, but there's some stuff that could do with being hammered in testing to ensure it works well. It will put us in good stead for when we get to building forums, being as a lot of this code will provide the basic functionality there too.

I know that Trophies are a little messy... I'm thinking I might have just one trophy shelf on display, and then up/down arrows just above/below the "world" tag, to scroll to other "categories" of Cup
  1. The Calendar (and on your own stable, the Current Events) - yet to be added. It should be a brief bit of work and I expect it completed early next week.
    • Calendar will be almost identical to the one in TK. When looking at someone elses stable, you will simply see their racing events and future cup invitations. 
    • Events will provide the info from the Current Events block as per current TK, but broken into sections "Race Invitations, "Results", "Recent Events", "Community", and "Advice". The first 3 are fairly obvious, the Community link will tell you about anyone who has 'liked' or 'disliked' any of your posts recently, any guestbook posts to your stable, as well as any bookmarked stables that have posted recently to forums or blog. The "Advice" block will have general simple advice which is particularly targetted at newbies, like suggesting they buy more agistments as appropriate or enter league races and so forth.
  2. Results and History Tabs - should work immediately, as they are using the same code as per Jockeys and horses.
  3. Guestbook & Blog - This is the Big feature that could use testing!
    • Stable Owner can post to Blog, edit old blogs
    • Stable Owner can Delete guestbook posts
    • Visitors can post to guestbook
    • All viewers can like/dislike blogs and guestbook items.
    • Posts use a nice "WYSIWYG" editor, which allows embedded images. It should NOT allow formatting other than what is provided.
    • There will most likely be display issues on "old" TK with these posts.. but I don't care!
    • Anyone who has the ability, see if you can "hack" the editor and try to add an "onclick" or a "mouseover" event to something that you post... or any sort of javascript....anything that is clearly naughty.

**UPDATE** The Current Events page should be completed now too

Silks are proving problematic, and I need Fishbrain to do a small re-write of his Flash code. But Logo and Rename should now be done

12 comments:

  1. Looks pretty neat so far. Very neat and tidy now.

    I wasn't able to add an image to an old blog post - froze the page the first time and got the generic error the second time.

    Any chance of being able to completely delete blog posts instead of just editing them out? Worth an ask while we're here ;)

    Hope to test out some more once time and circumstances permit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YoungSam (Young?? hahahahahaha) with a bug :p
    Surely you should have found this Sez?

    Unless I am doing this wrong.... here goes.
    1. I do a search for a trackking by name (Looking for Sez)
    2. I went to my stable page and looked for the diary
    3. I found this above my diary

    Notice: Undefined variable: query in /var/www/vhosts/trackking.org/httpdocs/hairboylabs/redesign/api_calendar.php on line 232

    Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/vhosts/trackking.org/httpdocs/hairboylabs/redesign/api_calendar.php on line 233

    Did I break it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry - that was some last-minute stuff last night, but it's fixed now ;-)

      Delete
  3. Problem 2
    I can't search for any other user.... is that working yet? need that to test blogs and guestbooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not working yet - but you can find "random" players using either the Newsfeed or by looking in the Auctions I guess?

      Delete
  4. Problem 3
    When I go into old site and search for another Tk I find them, click on their page and then type in the /hairboylabs.. etc it goes back to my stable page. I can't view another stable, only my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the problem is that on TK, it uses "id=" at the end of the URL to identify the stable. In TKV2 I'm using "sid="... so to find a stable, do either:

      1/ Find the person you want in another tab in old TK, in a second tab in new TK open your own stable, and then replace the numbers at the end of the stable with the other persons stable ID. OR
      2/ From old TK, add the /hairboylabs... and also amend the "id=" to be "sid="

      Delete
  5. Usernames aren't displaying correctly in the "Community" drop down event section (or whatever you want to call it).

    Testing has given me deleted or banned usernames or usernames of seemingly active accounts. Even the same account posting to the same guestbook twice gives two different usernames.

    Names in the actual guestbook entries seems okay though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this should be fixed now? From what I found, it was to do with people who had posted to guestbook or had liked your forum posting

      Delete
  6. Okay. Awaiting magic fairies to post to my guestbook to confirm it was fixed :P
    (or give a test account some OC?)

    You meant liked blog posting not forum posting right? TKV2 forums aren't coded yet...right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confirmed that names appear correctly (so far) in the "Community" section now after posting to guestbook.

      Delete
  7. Nothing new since July from the Blog Master? C'mon!

    How about a new bug though? Trophies (or at least the local ones) are showing for new stables that were earned by previous owners of that stable.

    Sadly the previous managers of my stable were worse than me and I have no sneaky world trophies but there is a local trophy from before my reign. I found the bug when noticing a brand new stable had a shocking amount of local ribbons already.

    ReplyDelete